Countdown!

2 Week Update

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Okay, okay, I know...I've been gone for way too long!  Between traveling for work and work and house stuff...I've just been crazy busy!!

I was in Maine for a week and a half for work.  It was a really great time.  The BF came with me, we flew into Boston and went to a Red Sox game (yay!).  Fenway was AWESOME!!!  What a great ballpark!  Someday I would love to get to every ballpark in the country.  That's a fun goal!

Anyway, so after the game we drove to Kennebunkport, where we stayed.  I'll have to post some pictures after I have time to get them off my camera!  The Bush compound is quite impressive.

My favorite part of being in Maine was running along the coast.  It's a new experience for me.  The air was a little bit salty, and I could almost taste it as I was running.  What a great time!  Although it seemed to rain every time I went running, but I love running in the rain. To me, nothing feels more free than running in the rain!

I got back last Thursday night, spent Friday and Saturday cleaning the house and unpacking and doing laundry.  You know, all the stuff that NEEDS to get done after a trip but that you really don't WANT to do!

Saturday night some friends of mine were in town, and my parents came up also, and we all went out to dinner at this great steak restaurant on Lake Wisconsin.  It's grill-your-own steak!  I absolutely love going there.  Not too pricey either.

Sunday was a relax day for me mostly, while the BF put in our garden.  I can't wait until the veggies are ready!  I love making dinner with veggies fresh from the garden.  We'll have kale, spinach, lettuce, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, chiles, cayenne peppers, beefeater tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, green beans and squash.  Whooo!  That's an awful lot.  BF was out in the hot sun for several hours working on planting everything.  Bless his soul!

Monday was back to work, and it was supposed to be my first personal training session, but the trainer had to cancel.  Now my first session will be next Tuesday.  I'm really looking forward to it, I think that it will really help me get fit and lose the weight I want to.  I think it will also help me train for my marathon! (hopefully!!)

Tonight is Beerkaase night at the bar/general store across the road from my house.  Beerkaase is a kind of cheese.  Stinky cheese to be specific.  One step down from Limberger to be exact.  I personally think it smells like feet.  I can't get past the smell.  I have tried it 4 or 5 times, and every time I wrinkle my nose.  Yuck.  Dear BF absolutely loves it...  But anyway, the bar/general store carries as sort of a "specialty product" and so they devote one night a month to eating it.  A bunch of people from the area and people that have been coming to the store for years and years come and most bring some kind of appetizer dish to pass.  And there are always plenty of chocolate desserts.  Which happen to be my downfall!!  Tonight my goal is to eat the good food and no desserts.  Well, maybe just one bite!  But I most definitely will NOT sample every dessert at least once like I normally do.

I'm starting to get psyched up...my second race (5k) is next Saturday the 5th.  I'm really looking forward to it, and hoping to improve my time from last race.

I've been absolutely loving my garmin as well!  (Although I only wore it once while in Maine because it was raining and I'm still new to it so I didn't want to get it wet.  I know that it's waterproof up to 3 meters...blah, blah, blah...I would be heartbroken if I took it out in the rain and it stopped working! I just got it!!  And yet I can't seem to part with it most days!)  Anyway, I used the heart rate monitor strap with it for the first time the other day, and I really liked that too!  I've noticed a definite improvement in my heart rate and my heart rate recovery time since I've started running.  Which is good...  Yay for progress!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Follow me as I run my way to a marathon!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP