Countdown!

Day 18: Ooops...Been Totally Offline!!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

So I've been bad!  I haven't been posting. Things have been super busy around here though!

I've decided to hire a personal trainer for a few reasons:

  1. I know next to nothing about what you need to do to prepare for a marathon. (Well, I know about running, and a good training schedule...). 
  2. This way he will help me work out all areas of my body to get fit overall. 
  3. And he will be able to put together a plan for me that will take into account the fact that I'm running lots of miles.  (Any plan I would have put together could potentially be damaging to my running...since I know nothing about it...)
  4. He'll be able to tell me if I'm getting the right nutrition.
  5. There is no way that I will do most of the exercises more than once without someone yelling at me to keep going!
I'm looking forward to it.  I'm going to be in Maine for a few weeks in May, so I'll start the last week in May or the first week in June.  I had my preliminary fitness assessment with him Tuesday.  OMG...am I sore or what!!!  I'm sore in places that I didn't even know there were muscles!  Which makes me all the more excited because at the end of the 18 weeks (I'll be going twice a week for 18 weeks) I'll be super fit and toned!!

I was a little surprised though...apparently a healthy weight for me (with 20% body fat, taking into account my height and age) is about 25 pounds heavier than I had previously been lead to believe.  I've seen the BMI charts over and over, and what they tell me is healthy is actually much closer to 0% body fat.  Doesn't seem very healthy to me...  Interesting.

Running has been going well.  I'm taking today off (because I'm still super sore) and then tomorrow I will probably take a walk, but no run.  Then Saturday is the big day!!  My first race ever! I'm definitely looking forward to it!  Although it is supposed to rain during it...but I've run in the rain several times, so it's not that big of a deal to me.  I've got a rain parka-ish thing I can take with me for that.

Which reminds me...I still need to pack for my trip to Door County!! We are leaving tomorrow around noon.  It should be a good time!

Things at work are super busy!  I have so much to do, so little time!  I'm sure that's everyone though!!  It's good...because it makes the days go faster, but when they go faster, you feel like you get less done.  What a vicious circle! :)

Anyway, I need to get lots of good rest.  I haven't been sleeping the greatest lately :(

Hope everyone has a great evening!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP